Tooth loss can be painful and embarrassing, but it’s more common than many people realize. Studies have determined that roughly 178 million Americans are missing at least one tooth, and about 40 million Americans don't have any remaining natural teeth.
Common Reasons for Tooth Loss
Our teeth are meant to last for years—ideally, a lifetime—but sometimes, life throws us a curveball, leaving our dental health a little worse for wear.
There are several reasons why you may experience tooth loss. Some of these reasons include:
- Gum disease
- Bone disease
- Normal wear and tear
- Certain medical conditions
Some teeth can't be saved by other treatments, but it's not too late to still achieve a stunning smile. Dental implants in St. Augustine, FL can help you regain the look, feel, and function of your natural teeth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
A popular alternative to dentures, dental implants permanently replace damaged tooth roots and missing teeth. We can restore your missing teeth with natural-looking prosthetics designed to last for several years through the use of advanced digital technology.
Here are eight benefits of having dental implants:
- Boosts self-esteem - A healthy, confident smile makes you feel better about your appearance.
- Improves speech - Unlike dentures, dental implants are fastened into your mouth, allowing you to speak clearly without worrying about slippage.
- Easier eating - When you have a mouthful of strong teeth, biting and chewing is much easier.
- Promotes bone growth - Because the implant is placed in the jawbone, it stimulates surrounding bones and gums.
- Comfort - Custom implants are comfortable because they fit your mouth’s unique shape, and they don't move around while you speak or eat.
- Stability - Implants provide stability and support for your new, natural-looking teeth.
- Durability - If well cared for, many dental implants can last for several years—even a lifetime!
- Convenience - Dental implants are permanent and cannot be removed, just like natural teeth, so they're easier to take care of than dentures.
Custom Dental Implants in St. Augustine, FL
With dental implants, you’ll no longer want to hide your smile. Dr. Gordon and our skilled team of dental professionals create a warm, welcoming, and judgment-free atmosphere so you can receive the dental care you deserve.
Contact us today to learn more about dental implants or to schedule your consultation.