Invisalign® in St. Augustine, FL
A smart alternative to metal braces.
If you have crooked, overlapping, or gaps between your teeth and would like to straighten your smile, Dr. Jeremy Gordon, your dentist in St. Augustine trained in the Invisalign® teeth-straightening solution. Gordon Dental Associates can offer an orthodontic alternative to traditional wires and brackets with Invisalign clear aligners.
Of course, the first step is learning whether this innovative treatment option is right for you. We accomplish this via exam and smile chat; your dentist wants to learn more about your smile goals!
*Dr. Gordon is a general dentist providing orthodontic services to families of St. Augustine and northeastern Florida.
- How Is Invisalign in St. Augustine Different?
- Your Smile Is All They See
- Clear Aligners Are Removable
- Caring for Your Invisalign Clear Aligners
- Invisalign Treats a Variety of Issues
- How Does Invisalign Work?
- What Are the Benefits of Straightening My Teeth?
- What to Expect During Your Invisalign Consultation
How Is Invisalign in St. Augustine Different?
If you would like to straighten your smile without unsightly and uncomfortable metal brackets and sharp wires, Invisalign clear aligners may be right for you. Invisalign is a modern approach to teeth straightening that eliminates many of the problems patients suffer from traditional braces, such as irritation of oral tissues, tooth sensitivity, and more.
Your Smile Is All They See
We believe a smile is the best thing you can wear, which is another reason why our team at Gordon Dental Associates loves Invisalign. These clear aligners are transparent so most won’t even notice you are wearing them! Compared to brackets and wires, your natural smile is all people will notice. Invisalign has improved countless smiles with smooth clear braces in St. Augustine.
Clear Aligners Are Removable
With Invisalign, you can remove the aligners to eat, brush, and floss with comfort and ease. Unlike traditional metal braces, Invisalign doesn’t inhibit your ability to enjoy your favorite foods or beverages; you can continue enjoying them as you always have! You can also be confident that if you are brushing and flossing normally, your teeth will remain in good health. With braces, people often experience unsightly white spots or decay because they cannot properly brush and floss.
Caring for Your Invisalign Clear Aligners
Invisalign clear aligners are low-maintenance, making it all the more convenient if you choose to take a step toward attaining a straighter smile.
Tips for Cleaning Your Clear Aligners
To keep your clear aligners clean, we recommend doing the following:
- Gently and carefully brush your aligners with a soft-bristled toothbrush. We recommend using a non-abrasive clear liquid soap to remove food particles, debris, and bacteria. Toothpaste and certain cleansers—alcohol-based mouthwashes, scented soaps—are too harsh and can damage the aligners.
- Thoroughly rinse the aligners with cool or lukewarm water (never hot!) after brushing them, any time you take them out, and before you insert them in your mouth.
- Store the aligners in a protective case when you’re not wearing them. You may also purchase additional sterilization accessories, such as dentist-approved sterilizing trays and cleaning systems.
Other Aligner Care Tips
It’s important to note that you should not eat hot foods or drink hot liquids while wearing Invisalign. The plastic is durable, but it can also warp when in contact with heat. It’s also best to store your trays in a cool, safe place so they do not get damaged.
Invisalign Treats a Variety of Issues
These custom-made invisible aligners are thin, smooth, and easily removable for your convenience and comfort. Invisalign can effectively straighten crooked or overlapped teeth in a matter of months!
Invisalign can treat a wide variety of teeth alignment issues, including:
- Overlapped teeth
- Gaps between teeth
Invisalign is an excellent alternative to traditional metal braces, especially if you only have slightly misaligned teeth, also referred to as “malocclusions.”
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign uses a series of clear aligners, customized to fit your unique smile. These aligners gradually and gently move the teeth into the desired position over the course of several months, if not sooner. Once you meet with Dr. Gordon and come up with a treatment plan, you will then receive a series of personalized aligners.
Every two weeks you will change to a new aligner as your teeth shift into place. Each set of aligners is snugger than the previous set, which is how the Invisalign system repositions crooked, crowded, or gapped teeth. Most patients can have a straighter smile with Invisalign with 18 to 30 custom-made aligners, but the length of treatment varies based on each patient’s unique oral health needs and aesthetic goals.
What Are the Benefits of Straightening My Teeth?
The benefits of having a straight smile are many. Of course, the impact on your self-esteem is one of the greatest benefits. On top of that, there are also health benefits to having straighter teeth. When teeth are overlapped or crooked, gum tissue can become easily inflamed, which can lead to gingivitis or a painful oral infection.
It is also more difficult to clean teeth properly when they are misaligned. Once your teeth are straight, your risks for bacterial infections (dental caries and periodontal disease) and tooth wear decreases significantly.
Other benefits of having straight teeth may include:
- Better digestion - When your teeth are aligned, you can chew food with more efficiency, which can improve your digestion and gut health.
- A more energized appearance - Straight teeth take up more space in your mouth and support your facial structures, giving you a more energized and youthful appearance.
- Lower risk of neck, head, and jaw pain - When your teeth are crooked or overcrowded, chewing forces and jaw misalignment can cause pain and soreness in the head, neck, and jaws. Straight teeth can reduce this discomfort.
- Fewer chips, cracks, and breaks - Teeth that are in their proper place are less cramped and less likely to hit other teeth when chewing, speaking, or doing other activities. Straight teeth can actually better protect your smile and help you avoid chips, cracks, and breaks.
- Less wear and tear on jaws, teeth, and gums - When your teeth rely on one another to remain in place (i.e. overlapping teeth), it can cause extra wear and tear on your surrounding teeth, jaws, and gums.
- Clearer speech and pronunciation - Like mentioned previously, straight teeth allow your mouth more room to speak more clearly without any obstruction.
- Improved breathing - The extra space created by straightened teeth can open your oral cavity and potentially improve your ability to breathe.
Straight teeth certainly lend to the development of a healthier, stronger smile. To learn more about Invisalign and its benefits, we encourage you to give us a call. We would love to discuss this incredible treatment with you in more detail during an Invisalign consultation.
What to Expect During Your Invisalign Consultation
When you come in for your orthodontic consultation, Dr. Gordon will review with you all of the necessary information so you can make an informed decision about your smile. He will review your medical and oral health histories and provide a full dental examination to determine if Invisalign is right for you.
If Dr. Gordon believes that you’re a good candidate for Invisalign, he will take a 3D scan or traditional mold of your smile and send the results to an Invisalign lab so they can fabricate your custom aligners. Once you receive the aligners, you can begin your journey toward a straighter, more symmetrical smile!
Are You Ready to Have a Straighter Smile?
Invisalign has transformed millions of smiles across the globe, and it’s easy to understand why people love this innovative treatment so much. With Invisalign, patients of all ages can finally feel excited to share their smile with the world. If you are unhappy with your smile or you have an important event coming up like a wedding or reunion, why not try Invisalign? Invisalign clear aligners are easy to use and discreet, so you don’t have to sacrifice your comfort to get a healthier, more attractive smile.
If you are interested in a consultation to see if you are a good candidate for Invisalign, give your St. Augustine dentist, Dr. Gordon at Gordon Dental Associates, a call at (904) 460-0999.
We look forward to helping you attain your dream smile!